Building ships in bottles from scratch

November 29, 2015

Launching a New Hobby

2 comments
I have no idea why, but I've had it in my head for a few years that building a ship in a bottle would be pretty cool.  Realizing I had no idea what I was doing, I started scouring the internet and was pretty surprised with the general lack of information.  There was only one tutorial I could find out there (an instructables.com post by user goaly) and while it was good, it left me with a lot of guessing.

My hope is to save anyone the headaches I've run through while chronicling my journey through this hobby.  After building one ship so far, I've definitely got the bug.

So stay tuned for a detailed guide on my first project (including all the dumb ass mistakes I made along the way).

2 comments :

  1. I've always been intrigued everytime I see a ship in a bottle, I've always looked at them with amazement, and wondered how a person does this! I think you have the right idea with your web page, and chronicling all that you have figured out, to share your experience with others. I hope to see a lot more of your work, and I think you have the right stuff to master your art. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, it made my day. I always thought ships in bottles were really cool too, not so sure why I waited until now to start making them. Glad you like the blog, I hope it helps others get started. I'll definitely be posting more. Thanks again buddy!

      Delete